Rochdale & District Riding Club is affiliated to the British Riding Clubs (BRC) and a member of the Northern Liaison Group (NLG) Area 3. Area qualifiers for the British Riding Club Championships are held throughout the year and interested members should read the following guidelines and click on the relevant competition below for further details.
It is primarily the responsibility of any interested members who wish to be considered for team selection to put their name forward and contact the Team Managers or teams will NOT be entered.
All competitions are team and individual and are open to both Juniors and Seniors.
Guidelines are as follows:-
- In order to be considered for team selection and to represent the Club all animals must a have valid up-to-date Passport and Vaccination Record which will be required for inspection at the Area Qualifiers and Championships. Check your animals vaccination by using the online vaccination checker here.
- Membership subscriptions must be received six weeks before the date of the qualifier which allows sufficient time for members details to be forwarded to the BRC.
- Members are requested to pay for the Area Qualifier entry fees. Entry fees must be received by the qualifier closing date; should members need to withdraw after the closing date entry fees will only be refunded if a replacement member is available to take your place.
- All riders must wear protective headwear with the harness correctly adjusted and fastened. Protective headwear constitutes a hat that meets the standards as detailed in the Riding Club Rules and must show a visible BRC hat tag. Hat tagging will be available at all qualifiers and championships.
- All riders must be smartly dressed and animals are to be well turned out. Click these links to view Dress Guidelines and Tack Rules.
- Click the link to view Eligibility of Ponies, Horses & Riders.
- Team members must be available for all presentations otherwise rosettes and prizes will not be awarded.
- Members competing at the Area Qualifiers must be available to compete at the relevant Championships should the Club qualify. Even if you are not a member of the qualifying team you may be required as a reserve.
- Championship entry fees are paid for by the Club.
- Members are required to contribute towards the Championship stabling.
- All qualifying teams will be required to provide a volunteer to steward at the Championships or the team will not be entered.
- Should any team competition coincide with a Riding Club competition points will be awarded on an average basis to those members representing the Club who would normally compete at the Riding Club.
- Team members must be able to arrange their own transport.
Cross Country Competitions:-
- British Standards body protectors are compulsory for all cross country competitions. A BETA Level 3 (purple label) manufactured in the year 2000 or after must be worn. If a rider chooses to wear an air bag style protector this must be worn over a permitted body protector.
- Medical armbands are compulsory for all cross country competitios and must worn on the arm not the leg.
2017 NLG Area 3 Qualifiers:-
Click on the events below to show more details, classes available, entry fees etc (please note some of this information may be subject to slight change)
Indoor Show Jumping - Sunday 26th February
FOHC (CC with SJ) - Saturday 25th March
Combined Training - Saturday 25th March
Dressage to Music - Saturday 6th May
Dressage & Riding Test - Saturday 17th June
Horse Trials - Sunday 2nd July
Show Jumping & Style Jumping - Saturday 15th July
Winter Dressage - Saturday TBC November
Click here to view Team Results