It is a condition of entry that all competitors – and/or their parents/guardians – and spectators have read, understood and agree to abide by the governing Rules and Regulations as published and displayed at all events.
1. The committee are not responsible for any accidents to riders, spectators, animals, vehicles or properties of any description, damage or loss sustained by any person whilst on the Showground.
2. Competitors and spectators must obey the instructions of the Club Officials at all times whilst on the Showground.
3. All riders must wear protective headwear with the harness correctly adjusted and fastened. Protective headwear constitutes a hat that meets the following standards:-
- PAS 015: 1998 or 2011 provided they are BSI Kitemarked or Inspec IC marked
- VG1 01.040: 2014-12 provided they are BSI Kitemarked or Inspec IC marked
- ASTM F1163: 2004a or 04a provided they are SEI marked
- SNELL E2001 or SNELL E2016
- AS/NZS 3838: 2006 onwards provided they are SAI Global marked
4. British Standard body protectors are compulsory whilst on the Cross Country Course. BETA approved is recommended.
5. Riders must keep to the designated walkways and working in areas and pedestrians to the designated walkways. Horses are not allowed in the vicinity of the Secretary’s office.
6. A responsible adult must accompany all children on the Showground.
7. Any member or competitor who commits any of the following offences may be barred from further competitions, with loss of entry fees, until he or she has appeared before the Executive Committee:-
- Is in any way cruel to a horse/pony e.g. excessive use of whip.
- Wilfully damages any property of the Club or fixtures used by the Club.
- Who deliberately deceives the Club.
- By whose conduct the good name of the Club may be brought into disrepute.
8. Competitors are liable for all veterinary, farrier and any other expenses if required whilst on the Showground.
9. The committee reserves the right to exclude any animal they consider being a danger to spectators and other competitors. Known kickers should wear a red tail ribbon.
10. No alcohol to be consumed on the Showground.
11. Handlers in the in hand classes must be members in order for points to be awarded.
12. The committee reserves the right to exclude from classes any animal in poor physical condition.
13. No animal under the age of 4 years old may be ridden on the Showground.
14. Stallions and colts are allowed on the Showground but must be shown bitted and competently handled/ridden by a competitor 14 years and over. If they misbehave they may be asked to leave.
15. Galloping on the Showground and unauthorised use of the cross country fences is forbidden. Any rider contravening this rule will be asked to leave and entry fees will not be refunded.
16. Joint Measurement Board Certificates will be accepted, but the committee reserve the right to appoint a responsible person to measure any horse/pony whose height is in dispute not having a JMB Certificate.
17. Competitors for the Show Jumping class in progress will only be allowed in the Collecting Ring and the practice jump must not be highered.
18. Practice jumps must not be erected in the Car Park areas.
19. Objections must be made in writing to the Secretary within 30 minutes of the class finishing accompanied by £10.00. If the objection is accepted the £10.00 will be refunded.
20. No rider or handler may carry, use or permit to use, a whip or crop exceeding 75cm (30”) in length, or 110cm (48”) for dressage, nor one that is weighted at the end. No substitute for a whip may be carried in any competition.
21. The onus is on the competitor to be available for classes when called, failure to do so may result in elimination. It is the responsibility of the competitor to avoid entering classes that may clash and to inform the Ring Steward if they are going to be late for any class.
22. The Judge’s decision is final and please remember that judges are guests of the Club and should be treated as such.
23. A competitor may be eliminated who receives “outside assistance” – this will be at the Judge’s decision.
24. A competitor entering a ring wearing a wrong number may be eliminated.
25. Dogs must be kept on a lead and under control at all times.
26. When entries are made please ensure that the same name of horse/pony is used all season. Failure to do so will result in loss of points. Membership cards must be produced when making entries otherwise non-members rates will apply.
27. Late entries will be subject to a 50p surcharge.
28. Entry fees will not be refunded without a valid reason.
29. Cheques are accepted but if bank charges are incurred by the Club they will be reimbursed from the payer.
30. R&DRC reserve the right to change the schedule, refuse entries to oversubscribed classes and in the case of insufficient entries classes may be combined or cancelled.
31. No bicycles to be ridden on the Showground.
32. Members must have gained 10 or more points and attended 3 shows for end of season trophies to be awarded.